10 DAYS OF INTENSE EVENTS
Tennis in Umag
- The tournament in Umag won 6 times ATP Award of Excellence (1998,2000,2001,2004,2005,2011), and in addition, in 2014 the ATP Hertiage Award as one of the rare tennis tournaments with tradion longer than 25 years
- In 2017 there were 54 tennis matches played with total over 90h of tennis. The competitive part of the tournament starts with qualifiing matches, trough daily afternoon and evening matches all to the final. Since 2014, the exhibition matches with interesting partecipants are part of the tournament additional programm (G.Ivanišević, T.Muster, A.Agassi etc).
- Ticket sale for the tournament edition in 2018 has started, more info can be found in the tournament webshop.
- 100h of music programm during 10 tournament days have been filled out by many regional perfomers, from local Umag artists like Goran Griff & Febra, to established regional stars like Nine Badrić, Oliver, Petar Grašo, Psihomodo pop, Hladno pivo, TBF, and Željko Joksimović, Halid Bešlić & Jelena Rozga.
- Tournament opening concerts with performances of the most famous regional stars of all genres, from Gibonni, Balašević, to Severina, Monserrat Caballe and Toni Cetinski Opera performance, as well as Boško Petrović Jazz is back! Festival.
- Numerous international stars have appeared on the Umag stage: Freemasons, Patric la Funk, Estelle, Eddie Thoneick, Gabrielle, Thomas Gold, Bob Sinclaire, Tony Junior, Redfoo, R3hab, The Avener...
- 100.000 visitors (Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Germany, Russia, Czech Republic & Hungary)
- Daily min. 5.000 tennis followers on site
- Consumed over 30.000 glasses of Istrian wine, and over 4.000 portions of Istrian pasta Fuži with truffles
- In the ATP zone, on over 30.000 m2 except tennis matches, you can go to the beach, buy souveniers at Umag shop, walk trough the Social arena, refresh yourself in many bars or big Beerhouse, taste some of the rich wine offer in the Taste istria zone, try out the offer of Istrian specialties in the restaurants and await for the evening concerts & Dj in Dance arena.
- Along the beach, within walking distance from the ATP zone, option of diverse accommodation of all categories (appartments, hotels & campings).
Wine & gourmet on site
- The Istria Gourmet festival offers dishes from Istrian restaurants from Gault Millan guide or with Michelin`s raccommandation
- Taste istria zone on 30 tastings points offers selected products that present the Istrian culinary tradition (truffles, prosciutto, cheese, boškarin - Istrian oxe...), in addition you can taste famous Istrian wines with over 50 awards from Decanter and International Wine challenge in 2017
- The participants of wine tasting event Hidden charms of Istrian wines selects the ATP wine each year: 2012- Coronica (Gran teran); 2013- Veralda (Rose); 2014- Cattunar (Malvasia); 2015-Kabola (Teran); 2016-Tomaz (Barbarossa); 2017- Franković (Malvasia).
PLAYERS OF UMAG TOURNAMENT
-1990. Prpić G., 1991. Poliakov D., 1992./1993./1995. Muster T., 1994. Berasategui A., 1996. Moya C., 1997. Mantilla F., 1998. Ulihrach B., 1999. Norman M.;
- 2000. Rios M., 2001./2002./2003./2007. Moya C.; 2004. Canas G., 2005. Coria G., 2006. Wawrinka S., 2008. Verdasco F., 2009. Davidenko N.;
- 2010. Ferrero J.C., 2011. Dolgopolov A., 2012. Čilić M., 2013. Robredo T., 2014. Cuevas P., 2015. Thiem D., 2016. Fognini F., 2017. Rublev A.
Grand Slam winners & finalists
- Bruguera S., Coria G. Costa A., Čilić M., Del Potro J.M., Đoković N., Ferrero J.C., Ivanišević G., Kuerten G., Muster T., Moya C., Nadal R., Norman M., Rios M. , Wawrinka S.
- Đoković N., Ferrero J.C., Kuerten G., Moya C., Muster T., Nadal R., Rios M.
- Arrese J., Del Potro J.M., Đoković N., Gonzalez F., Ivanišević G., Massu N., Nadal R.
Davis Cup winners
- Davydenko N., Del Potro J.M., Đoković N., Ferrer D., Ferrero J.C., Ivanišević G., Karlović I., Lopez F., Ljubičić I., Mayer L., Moya C., Nadal R., Norman M., Robredo T., Steeb C.U., Troicki V., Tipsarevic J., Verdasco F., Wawrinka S., Youzhnyi M.
Next Gen ATP finalists
- B. Čorić, A. Rublev
Croatian players in Umag
(qualification players and dobles players 1990-2000 have not been listed):
- Androić T., Belić L., Beros I., Buljević D., Cerović I., Ćorić B., Čilić M., Delić M., Dodig I., Draganja M., Draganja T., Hiršzon S., Ivanišević G., Karanušić R., Karlović I., Krajan Ž., Ljubičić I., Marcan D., Mektić N., Orešar B., Orešić G., Pavić A., Pavić M., Prpić G., Prpić T., Puc B., Radić M., Raguž R., Rasberger E., Serdarušić N., Šančić A., Škugor F., Topić J., Tuksar S., Vajda I., Veić A., Zovko L.
- 30h national TV broadcast tennis matches
- 100 countries on 16 TV networks aired matches from Umag, with 110 mil. potential viewers
- 5 touristic markets follow the matches (Austria, Germany, Italy, Russia, Slovenia, Holland)
- 2,2 mil.kn total advertising value in 2 months of continued promotion
- 3 outdoor campaign on +200 positions in Croatia and Slovenia
- 500 aired radio ads (Croatia & Slovenia)
Photo & video production
- Photo & video materials as daily highlights sent over trough PR chanells to national and foreign media
- Daily tournament highlights on : international matches broadcast, Sky Tg 24 (Italy; 4,7 mil.viewers), TV Kopar (Slovenia, 60 thous.viewers)
- ATP Uncover TV crew produced special report about Umag for the reproduction on ATP channels
- 370+ accredited media in Umag
- Accredited all Croatian important media and web portals
- Foreign media in Umag: New York Times, Sky Italia, RTV Kopar, ATP Uncovered etc...
- 1.600 reports in both Croatian and international media
- Tournament presented trough 7 PR events in region (Croatia, Italy, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Facebook Live (11.000 views)
- Instagram stories (60 stories from Umag)
- Instagram wall#
- Video Samsung 360*